Beat the Peak Gift Card Drawing Official Rules
1. Eligibility: All Members of a participating South Carolina Electric Cooperative who are enrolled in the Cooperatives’ Beat the Peak program as of 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2023 (“Eligible Members”) will be entered into a drawing to win a $500 Visa gift card. In addition, Eligible Members of each of the 20 South Carolina Electric Cooperatives will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Visa gift card from among the Members of their individual Cooperative. Collectively, these 21 drawings are the Program. Employees of any South Carolina Electric Cooperative and each of their respective related companies and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Program eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Program Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
3. Sponsor: Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc., 20 Cooperative Way, Columbia, SC 29210 (“Central” or the “Sponsor”).
4. Timing: The Program ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 30, 2023 (the “Program Period”). The end of the Program Period may be extended by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. To Enter: A participant will automatically be entered provided they are a Beat the Peak participant at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2023. Participation is limited to one (1) entry in the $500 drawing and one (1) entry in a $100 drawing per account.
6. Drawing: Within five (5) business days of the end of the Program Period, the potential winners of each drawing will be selected at random from among all eligible entries. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions as to the selection of the potential winners is final. The entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The winners will be notified by email. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner must complete and return to Sponsor within five (5) business days of being notified, a Contest Declaration Form in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) business days after the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the Contest Declaration Form within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received. A maximum of two (2) redraws per drawing will be held.
7. Prize: One winner will receive US $500 and 20 winners will receive US $100, paid in the form of Visa gift cards. Only entries submitted during the applicable Program Period are eligible to receive the prizes. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or comparable value. Any and all taxes and/or fees associated with prize receipt, redemption and use are the sole responsibility of the winners. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Program constitutes consent to Sponsor’s use of each winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and hometown for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Program if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Program, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Program or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Program or receipt, redemption or use of any prize.
11. Limitations of Liability: None of the Released Parties is responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, Internet or mail service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Program; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Program or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Program.
12. Winner’s List: To request Program results, mail your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc., 20 Cooperative Way, Columbia, SC 29210. Requests must be received by July 30, 2023.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of South Carolina, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Copyright ©2022 Energy Smart SC. All Rights Reserved